Terms & Conditions
1. ENTIRE AGREEMENT: This agreement contains the entire understanding between Joss Denham, registered office at 9 Raby Chase, Summerhouse, Darlington, DL2 3US, hereafter known as Joss Denham Photography and THE CLIENT. It supersedes all prior and simultaneous agreements between the parties. The only way to change or add to this agreement is in writing and the document must be signed by all the relevant parties.
2. RESERVATION: Upon your signature, Joss Denham Photography will reserve the time and date agreed upon and will not make other reservations for that time and date. For this reason, the Reservation Deposit £500 is non-refundable, even if the date is changed or the wedding cancelled for any reason; including acts of God, fire, strike and or extreme weather. The Reservation Deposit is to be paid at the time of signing the contract. The Reservation Deposit is applied towards the contracted wedding photography services. THE CLIENT understands and agrees that the entire amount owed for the wedding photography services described as per in the Wedding Photography Quote.
3. PAYMENT: THE CLIENT agrees that a booking deposit is paid at the time of contract acceptance and 100% of the remaining balance is due on the following dates. Payment may be made in cash or by funds deposited into the company bank account.
4. CANCELLATION: In the event THE CLIENT cancels the contracted services for wedding photography outlined in this contract before 60 days before the scheduled wedding takes place, the deposit will be forfeited. In the event THE CLIENT cancels the contracted services for wedding photography within 60 days of the scheduled wedding ceremony date, the full balance will be retained, or THE CLIENT will be liable to settle the account if not already done so. THE COMPANY reserves the right to cancel coverage of your wedding in exchange for the return of the Reservation Deposit, or if the full balance has already been collected, this will be refunded also. Reasons for this might include, but are not limited to, illness, attendance at childbirth, travel and weather problems.
5. RIGHT OF WITHDRAWAL: Joss Denham Photography’s discovery of new information, changes to agreed circumstances, or other factors which tend to circumvent its policies may result in its withdrawal. Non-cooperation; changes in locations, facilities or available times; missed appointments and late payments are examples of contributing factors. Should Joss Denham Photography initiate the withdrawal, all fees will be returned, excluding deposit as well as fair market value for all services/products already provided. In case of withdrawal, £100 an hour is charged for all photography services already provided and all other services, consultations and all driving time, rounded up to the nearest half-hour.
6. PRE-EVENT CONSULTATION: The parties agree to a pre-event consultation before the wedding date to finalize the shooting times, locations and important photographs. This consultation can be conducted via email, phone or by face-to-face meeting. The purpose of this consultation is to make clear to Joss Denham Photography any specific photographs required and to advise the times and locations that Joss Denham Photography is required to attend at. Joss Denham Photography can accept no liability for missed images if this information is either not provided, or is inaccurate.
7. ATTENDANCE: Hours of coverage include any travel time between venues. Due to the commitment to weddings at the weekends, engagement/pre-wedding portrait shoots are arranged Monday to Thursday. The location of this shoot is within 20 miles of Kings Langley. Otherwise, a charge may apply. In the unlikely event that Joss Denham Photography is unable to complete the coverage due to unforeseen circumstances Joss Denham Photography reserves the right to appoint another photographer to attend on her behalf to undertake the photography. No other hired photographers are permitted to photograph the wedding.
8. EVENT GUIDE: THE CLIENT will be responsible for (or have someone designated for this responsibility) identifying people/objects of whom/which specific photographs are desired. The photographer will not be held accountable for not photographing desired people if there is no one to assist in identifying or gathering people for the photograph(s).
9. 45 MINUTE WINDOW: The bride and or groom agree to set aside at least 45 minutes after the wedding ceremony for the taking of photographs that cannot be obtained during the ceremony or before. This includes the shooting of group photographs and couple photographs. If either the bride’s or groom’s late arrival (or any other reason outside of the photographer’s control) prevents this 45-minute window from occurring, Joss Denham Photography shall not be held liable for failure to take desired photographs.
10. COOPERATION: The parties agree to positive cooperation and communication for the best possible result within the definition of this assignment. Joss Denham Photography is not responsible for key individuals’ failure to be present or to cooperate during photography sessions, neither for missed images due to details not revealed to Joss Denham Photography. Joss Denham Photography recommends that THE CLIENT designate an "event guide" (see PRE-EVENT CONSULTATION above) to point out important individuals to the photographer, whom THE CLIENT wishes to include in formal or candid photographs.
11. SHOOTING TIME / ADDITIONS: THE CLIENT and Joss Denham Photography agree that positive cooperation and punctuality are essential to achieve the goals and wishes of THE CLIENT. Should the ceremony start late due to any reason whatsoever, Joss Denham Photography will not be held liable for any photographs not taken.
12. HOUSE RULES: The photographer is limited by the guidelines of the ceremony official or the reception site management. THE CLIENT agrees to accept the technical results of their imposition on the photographer. Negotiation with the officials for moderation of guidelines is THE CLIENT'S responsibility; Joss Denham Photography will offer technical recommendations only.
13. TRAVEL: For attendance at venues at a distance over 35 miles’ radius, travel costs at the rate of £0.50 per mile will be charged where appropriate. Where the wedding and ceremony require an overnight or longer stay, whether in the UK or abroad, then modest hotel and subsistence charges will be made.
14. PROOFS: After the wedding, Joss Denham Photography will provide THE CLIENT with a set of low-resolution digital copies of the photographs for evaluation. This will be in the format of an internet gallery.
15. DIGITAL NEGATIVES and COPYRIGHT: The photographs and digital negatives produced by Joss Denham Photography are protected by Copyright Law (all rights reserved) and may not be reproduced in any manner without Joss Denham Photography’s explicit written permission. Upon final payment by THE CLIENT, perpetual, irrevocable, non-assignable, non-transferable license will be granted to THE CLIENT, permitting use solely for non-commercial purposes. This includes a right to reproduce and store the Digital Negatives, including uploading them to websites for the Client’s non-commercial use. Joss Denham Photography retains the right in all cases to use the photographs in any manner at any time and in any part of the world for the purposes of advertising or otherwise promoting his/her work or any other use.
16. MODEL RELEASE: THE CLIENT hereby assigns and grants Joss Denham Photography and its legal representatives the irrevocable and unrestricted right to use and publish photographs of THE CLIENT or in which THE CLIENT may be included, for editorial, trade, advertising or any other purpose and in any manner and medium; to alter the same without restriction; and to copyright the same. THE CLIENT also hereby agrees that any assistant or co-photographer working at the wedding has the right to publish their images taken at the wedding, for the promotion of their own photography business.THE CLIENT gives me the permission on behalf of their guests to have the right to publish the images taken at their wedding.
17. EXCLUSIVITY / GUEST PHOTOGRAPHY: It is understood that Joss Denham Photography will act as the sole and exclusive wedding photographer. THE CLIENT accepts Joss Denham Photography can accept no liability for negative impact caused by guest photography. The formal photography time is for the exclusive use of Joss Denham Photography to capture the formal wedding portraits. Because of time constraints and the need for subjects to pay full attention to the professional photographer, guest photography cannot be permit during this time, and no liability for negative impact caused by guest photography can be accepted during this time.
18. GUEST AND VENDOR COOPERATION: THE CLIENT is responsible for the conduct of their guests. THE CLIENT will direct all other service providers (florist, DJ, caterer, videographer etc.) to provide any necessary information and cooperate with the photographer. Coordination with other service providers is necessary to complete all the photography sessions as scheduled. Joss Denham Photography will not tolerate verbally or physically abusive behavior, nor will it share its time or compete with guest photographers for the attention of the subjects. Unchecked guest conduct that interfere with photography may seriously affect the quality of the photographs taken and increase the number of times photos must be retaken. If THE CLIENT is unable to control the conduct of their guests, resulting in an unacceptable degree of misconduct, or if the conduct of any of their guests damages the equipment of the photographer, it will result in the early or immediate departure of the photographer. THE CLIENT understands that in such an event, no refunds will be granted.
19. COMPLETION SCHEDULE: Digital Negatives will be provided within 12 weeks from the wedding ceremony date. Creation of a wedding album takes 8 weeks from design sign off from THE CLIENT, due to dependency on printers and album manufacturers. Joss Denham Photography reserves the right to extend the delivery time for any item.
20. LIMIT OF LIABILITY: In the unlikely event of severe medical, natural, or other emergencies, it may be necessary for Joss Denham Photography to withdraw its services. In such situations responsibility and liability is limited to the return of all payments received for the event package. Similarly, Joss Denham Photography takes the utmost care with respect to exposure, transportation and processing of photographs; including using professional grade equipment. However, in the unlikely event of THE CLIENT’S photographs being lost, stolen or destroyed for reasons within or beyond Joss Denham Photography control, the latter’s liability is limited to the return of all payments received. The limit of liability shall not exceed the value of the wedding photography services provided. The limit of liability for a partial loss of originals shall be a prorated amount of the exposures lost based on the percentage of total number of originals.
21. NON-GUARANTEE: Although every possible care will be taken to produce photographs of all important and special events during the wedding, Joss Denham Photography cannot place an unconditional guarantee on this. Joss Denham Photography will not be held responsible for any ruined photographs due to causes in or outside of Joss Denham Photography’s control.
22. PERFORMANCE: The performance of this contract on behalf of Joss Denham Photography shall be contingent upon acts of God, flood, fire, warfare, government laws or regulations, electrical failure, strikes by suppliers, and/or conditions beyond its control.
23. PROFESSIONAL IMAGE MANIPULATION: Joss Denham Photography will perform a 'regular' and basic edit on THE CLIENT’S images, to include correcting colour balance, exposure level, adjusting contrast, and cropping to the best of our abilities. A handful of close-up portraits can also be treated for blemish removal. This 'regular' editing does not include special effects, de-ageing or portrait glamorization. This work is chargeable at £100 per hour. It is understood that if a technicality prevents Joss Denham Photography from performing requested image manipulation, THE CLIENT will reside with the fact thatJoss Denham Photography has performed to its best ability, and will have no further responsibility towards said image manipulation.
24. SEVERABILITY: If any provision of this agreement is held to be invalid or unenforceable under the law, the validity of this agreement shall not be affected, and the other provisions of the agreement shall remain in full force and effect.
25. AMENDMENTS: This contract has been freely negotiated and shall be recognised as the entirety of the agreement. Only those changes or modifications specifically placed in writing, attached, dated and signed by THE CLIENT and Joss Denham Photography at the time of acceptance of this contract shall be recognised as amendments to this contract.
26. SNEAKY PEEK: Your photos are your data and therefore you reserve the right to protect your personal information, if are happy for a small selection of our photos to be displayed on Joss Denham Photography website or social media page
27. GENERAL DATA PROTECTION ACT: New GDPR regulations from 25th May 2018 require that Joss Denham Photography ensure your personal data is held on a secure compliant system or is held on password protected system. Joss Denham Photography will not share your data with any other third party by default and by signing these terms and conditions you give your express permission for me to use your personal data provided for an indefinite period of time to contact you not only about this event but also further events, promotions and news. If at any time you would like to be removed from my database of client information please email me and I will remove you immediately.